Our platform offers two levels of A/B testing:

Global A/B Test -

By default, our system automatically assigns 20% of the site's traffic as a control group - these visitors will not trigger any reactions on the site.  The remaining 80% (Reactful group) will have the opportunity to experience reactions if they meet your trigger and persona criteria.

The control group serves as a baseline for the conversion rate, and allows you to always see the impact reactions have on the site's overall goals.

  • Note - the only goals that are exempt from the Global A/B testing ratio are the Lead Generation and Notification goals. Reactions that fall under these goals will apply to 100% of traffic.

Reaction A/B Test -

On top of the Global A/B Test, you can create a reaction A/B test with multiple reactions. This allows you to test between different variants and optimize your reaction performances.

Step 1: Clone Reactions

Whenever you are ready to setup your A/B test, simply identify the first (or A) variant of your test.  Then, simply clone your reactions to easily create a different variant. To clone, go to the 'Reactions' tab in the Studio and click 'clone'.  

Cloning allows you to quickly make changes to the criteria you want to test.  For example, make a clone and change the copy, image, reaction type or trigger to create a second variant. To test multiple variants, simply create more clones!  There’s no limit to what you can test. 

Step 2: Enable A/B Testing Option

After saving your reaction, simply enable the “A/B Testing” option to include the reaction in the A/B test.  Enable this option for all reactions you wish to include in your A/B test. Once this option has been enabled, your visitor traffic will automatically be randomly split in between the different reactions.

You can enable A/B testing of reactions in 3 places:

  1. After creating and saving the reaction, if the Reactful code is already on the site, you can enable the A/B test directly from the Reaction Studio:

2) In the Studio, under the 'Reactions' tab. Go to the Reactions you want to test against each other and click on the A/B icon for them:

3)From the Account Dashboard, go to the relevant Goal and then to the "Reactions" tab. You will see a list of all the reactions, and you'll be able to turn on the A/B test for each reaction:

Did this answer your question?