Your website URL includes different parameters? Have different campaigns set up you would like to segment users by? Well, now you CAN!
Wait... first, let's understand what this actually means.
You can insert parameters into your URLs so that your URLs track information about a click and to identify the origin of the user. URL parameters are made of a key and a value that are separated by an equals sign (=) and are joined by an ampersand (&).
The first parameter always comes after a question mark (?) in a URL. For example, http://example.com?campaign=facebook1
If you are using this, why not create more accurate and targeted reactions?
Introducing: Reactful's URL Parameters Persona.
Now you can create reactions for specific segments, determined by URL parameters. Alternatively, you can exclude specific segments from a reaction.
Persona Setup - Creating a Reaction
- From the Reactful Studio, create or edit a reaction, and follow the steps until you reach the Persona tab.
- Click on 'Create a New Persona' and scroll down to the URL Parameters option.
- Click on the gearbox icon to the left:
4. A pop up will appear where you can add in all the values for the persona. Give your parameter a name (i.e. "Newsletter"), enter the URL Parameter Key (parameter Name, i.e "utm_source") and URL Parameter Value (optional, i.e. "newsletter"), then click the '+' icon.
5. Once completed, click the 'Save & Close' button and click on the option to use the persona:
Here you will find the list of URL Parameter personas you created.
5. Click the "+" icon to select the relevant parameter(s), and then toggle to include / exclude this parameter from the persona.
URL Parameters included:
URL Parameters excluded:
You may include & exclude any combination of URL Parameters in your persona, along with other persona characteristics (e.g. Geography or Cookies).
7. Once selected, click on 'Back' and then save the persona. Follow through in saving and completing creating your reaction.
Your reaction will only be shown to the visitors matching all persona values.
Persona Setup - Persona Tab
Alternatively, you can create a persona first before you create a reaction in the persona's tab of the panel in the Studio:
Click on the '+' icon to create a new persona:
The same screen will appear for you to create your persona.