Want to add new content without relying on your web developer? Now you can with Reactful's inline reaction.
- Add additional content such as a fixed top/bottom banner (header/footer)
- Add a panel in the middle of the page for promotions/ads
- Insert content only for specific devices (e.g. image banner for desktop)
Creating an Inline Reaction
To create an inline reaction, you can follow the exact same process as existing reactions:
- Go to the Reactful Studio and create a new reaction.
- Select any goal other than “Lead capture”.
- Select the “Inline” -> “Panel” reaction type.
- The content must be created as custom HTML (see details below).
- The trigger will automatically default to “Page Entrance”. You may optionally set page filters.
- A persona may also be added optionally to target specific visitors.
All other features (e.g A/B testing, scheduler, etc) can be used just like any other reactions.
Content Insertion using HTML
To build your new content, create a new content card and follow these steps:
- Start by adding a new <div> in the content card
- Add your desired content within the <div>
- As needed, add CSS styling inline, within a <style> tag, or by reusing other style classes on your site
- Update background color, text color and font using the standard options below
Here's an example of adding basic text inline.
<div style="font-size: 24px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;">
Here is some new great content!
- After adding your HTML content, click the Update button to apply your changes
- You can preview your changes by clicking the Play button
Note: The preview of the inline reaction will only occur if the “_rctfl_native_panel” class has been added to the page. Refer to this doc for more details.