A Persona represents a user type that comes to your website. By adding a persona to your reaction, you further personalize the user experience by making more targeted reactions based on different user types.
Having a set of pre-defined personas available to pick from simplifies the workflow and makes it easier to define campaigns for different criteria.
Users can define base personas that can be used by one or multiple reactions. If the persona is changed (added/removed/modified) it can be done in a single place for all reactions used instead of modifying every reaction that uses the persona.
With the new personas feature, data can come from any combination of a number of sources including:
- Reactful - for standard traits such as new/returning visitor, geography, & referral domain
- From your website - cookies and URL parameters; product details/metadata that's on the page; etc
- 1st party data - this is data that you keep internally such as visitor information from your CRM, purchase history, product recommendations etc
- 3rd party data - data stored on external CRM or DMP service such as Salesforce, Oracle Bluekai, 6Sense, Adobe Audience Manager et
How to do it:
Personas use the same workflow as the content cards.
- After creating your reaction and trigger, the last step will be the Personas.
- You can create a persona or use an exisiting one you have already set up. If you don't want to use a persona, you can skip this step and finish your reaction.
- When creating a persona, you define it by selecting the criteria:
- Reactful has standard criteria such as showing the reaction to either new visitors or returning visitors, based on their location, or from which domain they are coming from.
- Furthermore, there is advanced criteria which require some extra setup. If your advanced criteria is greyed out, it means you haven't set it up in the advanced settings of the platform (this is found under your website settings in the Dashboard)
- Name your persona defining the segmentations used.
- Save the persona and click on 'Next'
- 'Save Reaction' to complete your reaction setup.
New option to manage Personas:
- Click on the 'Personas' tab in the left panel of the Studio
- Choose the persona you want to edit by hovering over it and selecting 'Edit':
- Edit the criteria and rename the persona to re-define it:
- Press 'Save' and all the reactions that use this persona will automatically be updated.