Now you can create reactions for specific personas (visitor segments), determined by cookies which are already used on your site. Alternatively, you can exclude specific segments from a reaction.
Use this to:
- Prevent showing "Sign up" reactions to visitors who are already logged in.
- Give discounts to visitors who previously made purchases.
- Encourage visitors who previously added items to their shopping cart to complete their purchase
- Present relevant content to a returning visitor
- And much more...
Cookie Based Segmentation Setup
- From the dashboard, go to Website Settings > Advanced > Cookie Based Segmentation
2. Give your Segment a name (i.e. "logged in"), enter the Cookie Key (Cookie Name) and Cookie Value (optional), then click "Add".
3. Create as many segments as you'd like, then click Update Settings to save your segments.
Using Cookie Segments
1. To create a reaction targeting your cookie segment, go to the Reaction Studio.
2. Create a new reaction or Edit an existing reaction.
3. On the "Persona" step, add a new Persona.
4. Under the "Advanced Persona Characteristics" section, click on the "Cookies" option.
Here you will find the list of Cookie Based Segments you created.
5. Click the "+" sign to select the relevant cookie(s), and the toggle to include / exclude this segment from the persona.
You may include & exclude any combination of cookies in your persona, along with other persona characteristics (e.g. Geography or URL parameters).
6. Save the persona and save your reaction.
Your reaction will only be shown to the visitors matching all persona values.